No one who implements an SCM system in a company can expect a miracle. And one must also not believe that the system will remain exactly the same for the next 25 years. If parameters or processes change, the tool must also be adapted.
Some of the biggest misconceptions in terms of SCM systems are the following:
1. SCM is a merchandise management system
2. SCM is an ERP and warehouse management system
3. SCM has only two partners (customer and supplier) and not many
4. SCM knows only one single correct process chain
5. SCM does not need to be maintained